Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cachos (Funny Stories)

Well, this past week has been a week of "firsts". I have enjoyed them and I think that you may enjoy hearing about some of them.

I taught my first classes in the High School. I am going to spend 2 periods a week with 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. They were fun... we played lots of games and did lots of activities talking about Communication (how we communicate and how we can do it better).

Locked myself out of my house for the first time (I'm sure not the last) - Will tell story below.

Worked in the fields for the first time with some of the people... helped to irrigate. Hard work. Everything is done by hand. Amazing.

Drank warm milk straight from the cow for the first time. Good stuff.

Tryed to kill a chicken for the first time. I failed... that is why I write "Tryed"... but I am sure that I will get a second chance. Who knew that cutting a chickens head off required so much force? Anyway, I was just an accomplice in this particular animal euthinasia. I held the feet. Tasted good.

Locked out of house:
It was saturday night and I went to check out a "baile" (dance) that was going down in the park in my town... I knew that this baile was happening because the music was BUMPING (I found out later that the music could be heard two towns away). Actually when I arrived, I found out that it was the two biggest speakers in all of the town hooked up and playing music (they are this one guys business, since baile's are so popular)... but no one was actually dancing. Which is actually fairly strange, because everyone LOVES to dance. Instead, there were only males (no females to be found, hence no dancing) and they were sitting around the basketball court (which is really what the "park" that I mentioned earlier consists of). They were chatting and drinking, not at all uncommon.

I hung out for a while and then went back home about 11:30 to go to bed. When I got back, I realized that I had closed the masterlock on one door and shut the other door... which locks autmatically (because there is no handle on the outside). Yet, I had forgotten to bring a key. Whoops. I decided I would try a few windows to see if I could get in through there. I wasn't realy worried whether I could open them from the outside, because they all basically fall out with any kind of effort. The real problem was that they are very, very small.

I quickly took out one piece of glass and standing on a bucket I stuck my hands and arms through the window and started to squeeze my shoulders through. I got to my armpits and then realized that I didn't think that my waist with my belt was going to fit through. At this point, I am halfway wedged into a tiny window place about 6 feet off the ground with my legs sticking out in the air in the middle of the night. I started to panic... I wasn't sure that I could get out or make it in. Finally, with visions of teh whole town coming down to see the silly gringo stuck in his own window... I unstuck myself and escaped back outside. Wheww. How long would that story of lasted? (Correct answer: until the coming of Christ or the end of the world.)

I was still in the same dilemma of being outside of my house instead of inside where all of my keys were. But I was re-energized... I decided to investigate more windows. I decided that the kitchen window was a little larger and I could probably make it. I did. After much wiggling and arm crawling, I pulled myself in through the window, across the stove, and to success! VICTORY. Silent chants with armpumps at midnight in a dark kitchen.

I hoped you enjoyed my dramatization of the events of last Saturday night.

4 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

steve...i had a good laugh...thank you...a life update of whats going on in my world is soon your way...you are loved...keep seeking...shalom...ten

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you threw out this website onto your xanga. it looks absolutely beautiful down there. it sometimes seems easier to realize all the beautiful things God has made when there are no tall buildings and paved roads everywhere. it's quite funny visualizing you half in and half out of your window. i bet its fun having a house down there. enjoy it. God Bless.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, polo outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike roshe, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, nike free, kate spade outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, michael kors, nike blazer pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, new balance, polo lacoste, nike air max, true religion outlet, hogan outlet, nike free uk, nike roshe run uk, burberry outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max uk, nike air force, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet online, ralph lauren uk, lululemon canada, north face uk, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, kate spade, hollister uk, coach purses, converse pas cher, burberry handbags, coach outlet, true religion outlet, north face, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, guess pas cher, sac hermes, nike tn, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, oakley pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike air max uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home