Monday, June 26, 2006

Training

It is difficult to know where to start or what to include in something like this. I guess I will just through some random observations and information together. Maybe it is most accurate that way, because I feel as though all that I have right now are bits and pieces of information.

I am now staying in a small town a few hours north of Quito. It gets pretty cold in the evening (mid 50s) and then during the day it will get up to 75-80... but only in the sun. The sun is so strong that you can get a sun burn first thing in the morning.

My family is composed of about 13 people. The kids are cute and super curious. The adults are crazy friendly and always like to chat. My Peace Corps friends are really cool... we share lots of interests and ideology... and we have lots of fun.

My purpose here gets less and less clear, although at the same time I am more sure why I am here. I am here to learn. I am here to share in peopleĀ“s lives and to love them and to be loved in return. I am sure that somewhere in all of that I will find my official project. However, I think that my project will be less important than the relationships. Those will be what impact me... and how I impact anyone here.

Interesting spanish fact... the way to say Thank You in Ecuador is to say... God pays you. I like it.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

Very glad to hear that you made it safe and you're there already doing God's work...loving the widows and infants;) I will be praying for you tonight dude. Yeah...I bet it is real weird now;) Luv you man.

Pat

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, polo outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike roshe, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, nike free, kate spade outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, vans outlet, valentino shoes, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, lancel, instyler, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe run, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, hollister, converse outlet, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, iphone cases, bottega veneta, p90x workout, converse, nfl jerseys, gucci, babyliss, chi flat iron, insanity workout, mcm handbags, vans, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, oakley, hermes belt, timberland boots, baseball bats, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, ghd hair, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon, nike trainers uk, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, beats by dre, north face outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home