Monday, August 27, 2007

First, I would just like to encourage you to read something that my friends wrote, and that is quite relevant to my life and thoughts and is a basis for how I am trying to form my style of life from here on out. It is at Aaron

Well... on to a bit of an update.

Currently, quite busy coordinating the different aspects of my ¨job¨. (If you haven`t caught on yet, what I do here can hardly be quantified as a single ¨job¨ since I work in totally unrelated things in distinct towns, etc.). For example, I am working with 3 communities helping them to learn how to take care of bees and produce honey, while at the same time trying to strengthen their organizational abilities in order to have a sustainable community Asociation that can maintain a small business in the future (which would be the sale of the produced bee products). Second, I am working with a group of high school students in a variety of things from literacy classes that they are giving to older women in the community, to leadership training for them that I am trying to weave into our weekly meetings, to a trip out to the beach in order to see a new place, meet some other similarly organized youth groups, and do some more leadership ¨training¨ (as well as covering other topics like sex, drugs, environmental issues, etc.). Additionally, I am working with 4 communities on reforestation issues and 2 communities on community savings and loans groups.... yikes. Oh yeah, trying to help another group make a web page.

haha... I guess that I shouldn`t be saying it like this becuase it sounds like I am bragging. Really, in all of these activities I am learning much more than I am teaching. My primary role is to motivate the participants and to provide organizational assistance (i.e. when and where are we meeting, what are the important issues, who is taking responsibility for this and that task, etc.). The people and groups with whom I am working do the majority of the work.

I must say: it is interesting.

If you read my previous entries, I just want to encourage you: Keep looking for the small miracles which surround us in every day, maintain diligence (and find joy in) being as kind as possible to as many people as possible (how can I be kind to him-her in this moment?), and look for opportunities to give people Home as well as recognizing those moments when you are at Home.

I say this to you, in order to remember to do it myself. Because I think that those things are just a re-frasing of ¨Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with Your God.¨ May the Divine Love shine through uslike rays of sunshine through dark clouds!

(man... what a corny poet I am... I`m glad that y`all know me and can imagine me waxing eloquent... haha)